Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

a new jar . . .

A NEW JAR
8x8 acrylic experiment on canvas panel
myra anderson
It's amazing! I redid 'my very first cupcake' in oil.  I wanted to paint it in a more impressionist way.  I LOVE IT!  It's way more cupcakey.  I also have several unsuccessful oil canvases that I need to paint over.  I really wasn't in the mood to deal with them.  It's funny that so far cupcakes put me in the mood to -- cut out some coupons, go to the store, buy some turpentine, buy some oil paint, buy some brushes, cover the terrible canvases and repaint.  I will post this 'little wonder' when dry. 

THE PAINTING ABOVE is another series I was working on entitled 'a new jar'.  As you can see, I actually found a little texture at the end of my brush.  Rather than 'ruin' this one I decided that I am going to repaint this composition - but this time put lettering on the jar because I am positive it would look better.
a new jar
look at you-
with your new red hat -
and your shiny new clothes-
yes your cute little dress of red and gold!
do me a favor-
stay fresh-
be sweet-
and don't grow up too soon!

8 comments:

Page Pearson Railsback said...

You are funny and so damn cool..

Page Pearson Railsback said...

and I LOVE your movie..Greatest Coffee. Movie ever...........

Page Pearson Railsback said...

and I love your movie..Greatest Coffee ever made..Thank you

hmuxo said...

Love your jar, Myra!! and of course, you always make me smile with your posts....

Lisa Graham said...

Can't wait to see the oil cupcake, and I love your jar. A jar is such an interesting subject.

To answer your question re: professional grade paint. Yes, they are better. Much better. Smoother, more buttery or something. I don't know how to describe it. I just could tell right away.

Lisa Graham said...

I just watched your Greatest Coffee Movie...made me smile : )

martinealison said...

Une oeuvre caféinée...
Gros bisous

Bonnie Heather said...

Your jar is marvelous! Can't wait to see your cupcake.