Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

'I kid you, I kid you not!' by myra anderson...


I did this little drawing (above) some time ago but I HAVE been drawing lately so it seems as if I am on the mend from my pinched nerve.   As you know...I'm always looking for interesting ways to improve my art.   Sometimes I look at a Degas and other artwork and I ask myself...what exactly did the artist do and how in the world did the artist do it!?  There are two ways I plan to explore this matter.  One way is to use...
COLORING BOOK PAGES
I uploaded this 'Degas coloring book page' to my ipad in order to paint it.  Below is the original painting and I must say that I am having loads of fun trying to 'copy' (not exactly duplicate) the beautiful colors and textures that I see here.  (I'll show it to you soon!)
Also, I will print the coloring book page and either transfer it to a canvas or 'practice paint' on the paper itself. So, for learning or just for fun you can explore your favorite subject or google how to turn your own personal photo into a coloring book page.  (FUN FACT: Degas would go to the museum and copy HIS favorite artists as well and he would add his own creative changes to them!) I will tell you the other way I intend to explore my subject matter later!!!!!
 
In our modern times...I absolutely LOVE the work of artist Sergey Bakin. He paints many, many subjects that I love.  I think his ballerina art is delicate, powerful, beautiful and lovely!!!!!

8 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

So very clever and beautiful Happy PPF

Much🍒love

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So glad to see you continuing with your drawing Myra, I love the piece you shared today, beautifully composed. Hope you continue to heal, take care & happy PPF Tracey.

Christine said...

Lovely inspiration and art. Glad your pinched nerve is improving.

Nadya said...

Beautiful ballerinas, and what a fun way to practice. For many years I sketched the dancers during my daughter's class, and our teacher was good at spring which girl I'd sketched.
Snow Queen in this week's post was inspired by her daughter Emma in that role.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It is interesting to see how some painters paint and their picture is well drawn and they go on like this so you learn a lot.
get well
Greetings Elke

DVArtist said...

Wow! you have outdone yourself. These are all magnificent. I am so impressed.

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely drawing. Look foward to seeing the finshed painting.

Kay G. said...

I LOVE the ballerinas that Degas painted! And I love your drawing too!