Tuesday, November 15, 2011

a red shoe day . . .

a red shoe day
8x8 acrylic on canvas panel
myra anderson
if just for today you have what you want . . .
(be happy)
if just for today you have what you need . . .
(be happy)
let tomorrow take care of itself is the key . . .
indeed -
to a red shoe day . . .

OOPs!  Sorry!  I can't find the name of the impressionist artist who inspired this painting of a red shoe day.  I will have to post it when I can locate it again.  It was - I think - a friend of Degas? Was it Lebasque?  That's why I may have had 'poem flow interruption'.  Excuses, excuses. (I have to say that on this painting I really liked my paint slappin' ways) uh - I mean brushwork . . .

4 comments:

JanettMarie said...

Thanks for the painting and the poem.
Tomorrow... I wear my red shoes, even if they are golf shoes and I'm not playing golf....

JanettMarie said...

I'll read a book while wearing my red golf shoes!

hmuxo said...

Love this painting!!!

Lisa Graham Art said...

This is quite lovely and very feminine. Something about shoes...we women love shoes don't we?