Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

'the fashion, the passion, and the lights that were flashing!' by myra anderson...

'computer fashion' by myra anderson
'computer ballet' by myra anderso
Well...at first I DIDN'T do what I said that I would do!  I did NOT rest my arm.   What did I do?  I did a whole bunch of things and then I did a whole bunch of other things and at the end of the day I just HAD to draw some ballerinas! 

What happened? That night I woke up in such terrible pain that I called 911 just to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack.  My niece later told me that if I really WERE having a heart attack I would not be able to wash up, brush my teeth, comb my hair, put on some clothes and sit in my rocking chair until the ambulance came! Anyhoo,  after the paramedics ruled out a heart attack they still would have taken me to the hospital as a precaution because my blood pressure was pretty high. However,  because of the virus, both parties agreed that we would go with the second option!  That I would calm the heck down, stop with the arm shenanigans and call my doctor!  And I did!  Above is a Degas ballerina I attempted to 're-create' on the computer and a fashion illustration both done with my OTHER hand! 
Artwork by ed marion
As you know, I love fashion artwork.  Here is the work of artist Ed Marion.  When I saw these beautiful fashion pieces it made me want to try my 'computer fashion' chops!

2 comments:

DVArtist said...

Wow Myra! These are all stunning.

Connie Chadwell said...

So glad you're okay!!! I get an art education every time I visit - not only are you so talented in art, but I also love your writing. Even though it was scary, I found myself smiling as I read this post! Stay safe!