Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

paper myra . . .

I mentioned to the fantastic artist Lee Bridges that I was gifted a paper mill.  My sister kept nagging and gnawing at me 'to make paper' until I broke down and watched a few paper making videos.  You would be as surprised as I was at how easy it is to recycle paper.  Now no envelope with a bill in it is safe in my house!

Recycling paper is good for making your own beautiful paper, making paper for art, or making your own paper palettes.  Making paper is good for relieving stress and it is also fun.  Paper making consists of 1. making pulp 2. putting pulp in water in paper mill 3. squeezing out water and 4. drying new piece of paper (simple analysis of a little bit more complex process).

You can make the items needed or get them on sale.  So, thanks for the paper mill Sis!  How ironic!  I take a bill, make a new piece of paper, and send it to the bill collector with the words 'Myra don't live here no moe!!!!'

4 comments:

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

I went through a long paper making phase about 6 years ago, back before I started painting. I used to be into making paper and books. It's a lot of work, but quite satisfying when you see the pretty paper you can produce from junk mail. Hope you're having a great weekend, Myra. :)

JanettMarie said...

Wow Myra, you are so skilled!
And now paper making! Ooo the possibilities!

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

Congratulations on winning over at PPF!! Yay!! I was so happy to see your name. :)

hmuxo said...

Wow...this doesn't look easy, Myra! Very impressive!