Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2019

'A B C and 1 2 3!' 'Four steps up and two steps back!' by myra anderson...

Art is easy...until it's not! For a while I was doing well! Drawing poodles over here...drawing poodles over there...and then one day...I couldn't draw a poodle at all. 
I was like 'what?!'  And not like a child but like a full grown adult...I thought...I am quitting art forever!  But there was something wrong with that declaration.  If you know me...and I think you do...you know that I quit art forever two, three...six...ten times a year.  So this time I didn't even take myself seriously.
So what to do? I changed the subject for a while by drawing ballerinas and quietly drawing poodles in a notebook until - and I will - get it right. A poodle on a piece of paper will not defeat me. (Or maybe it will and then I will quit art forever!)
'oh poodle...one day!' 'woof!'
Meanwhile...I did the painting above about a month ago.  I am trying to give you that great pansy one way or the other lol!  I was inspired by the artist Christine Schwimmer.  I love what she said quoted below.  Her work is beautiful, inspiring and expressive.

Art by Christine Schwimmer

HAPPY PAINT PARTY FRIDAY! I've got some new things planned for next week that I hope to share with you!

8 comments:

JFM said...

This was a very interesting post!
I do love your style.
I hope that you keep painting and never stop.
You Are to talented to quit painting forever.

Happy PPF

DVArtist said...

I love your art. You are right art is easy until it isn't. You make it look effortless.

Christine said...

Lovely art!

Beth Niquette said...

Your poodle stole the show! LOVED this! :D

sirkkis said...

Impressive and beautiful!
Happy PPF xx

peppylady (Dora) said...

Not sure who and what I like when it comes to art. I like challenging my self.
Coffee is on

leekrek said...

I to love your style. and I also love how you introduce to me to other artists. Your poodles are so great and creative. Every day I self talk
myself down from just giving everything in my studio away and just quitting.
Its nice to hear other people have the same thoughts (lolo) I wonder if Picasso every had that thought, I doubt it, he seemed like arrogant guy.

Amy said...

Lovely pieces! It is fun to try new mediums also new subjects! You do better than me with handdrawn
https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/06/simon-says-masculine.html?m=1