Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

like shrimps and grits - janettmarie, lee and me . . .

myra practice - now it's time to get to work!

Lee of Defining me . . .
Lee of Defining me . . .
There is much fantastic work coming from the studios of the artists of today!

Ms Katie has recently completed a series of 'young men with bow ties' that should have come out of my brain first! (jealously rules).  

And, the artist 'Lee of Defining me' has added a new dimension of realism to her wonderful style!

Yesterday I was definitely NOT in the art zone!  I felt like Vincent Van Gogh on a bad day!  I knew that I wanted to paint my ladies from the back.  But, I thought 'ladies WHAT from the back?'  Ah yes!  The artist Lisa Graham is an inspiring whimsical artist!  WHIMSEY I thought! I will add whimsey to my paintings of ladies from the back! (stay tuned - whimsey to come . . .)

Feeling better I followed Section 9 - subsection 21 - page 2 -  of the artist handbook which says 'if you feel like Vincent Van Gogh on a bad day - call Janettmarie and talk to her about art until you feel like an artist again!'  (this is true - I'm not making this up).  And, after oh maybe a 40 minute conversation - I did feel like an artist again!  Talking to Janettmarie about art was like eating a delicious meal of shrimps and grits!

And now like the queen bee said to the worker bees - STOP BUZZIN AROUND AND GET BACK TO WORK - THAT HONEY AIN'T GONNA MAKE ITSELF!  Toodles!




12 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

made me feel good reading this post. Love the title which made no sense until i read the content. love the WIMSEY of Miss Lisa too.Enjoyed lee of defining me but I adore what you do - even with no bow-tie!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

oh how I love this post, myra. thank you for your words on my blog. I truly was not looking for kudos or anything of the sort. I've just been wondering and wandering...heh heh. I do know that it's slow everywhere and shall continue to post, it's good for our own souls, eh? and I know people peek in even though there aren't many messages. I just don't want to become stagnant, so that's good that I try harder. I too love your variety and TASTES! ox

Page Pearson Railsback said...

You are just too imaginative and crazy...Love this post.

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère amie,

Bonjour,
Je suis très contente de vous retrouver après mes longues journées d'absence estivale...

Je reviens me mettre derrière mon chevalet avec mes doutes... car tant de choses se bousculent dans ma tête. Mes idées ne se mettent pas en ordre aussi ce weekend je vais devoir canaliser tout ça !

Je suis très admirative devant vos oeuvres. C'est un réel plaisir que d'ouvrir la porte de votre blog.
Gros bisous à vous.

Tricia said...

Love your blog/art, but all I can think about now is shrimp! That looked so good, I'll have to come back after I go get some breakfast. :)

JanettMarie said...

Oh Myra, Myra, now it's my turn to get going!

PiaRom said...

Love your art collection :) Van Gogh is my favorite ♥ Conny
http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

Lisa Graham said...

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh....love your whimsy...from the back...on notebook paper. You draw so well Myra.

I have not seen the second image of Lee's...I love it. I must go and tell her so.

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

:))) You made me giggle.

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

ps: feel free to steal my idea about the boys wearing ties. :) I don't mind at all.

lee said...

well you got lots of love, and now its my turn, loving that art of yours, and thanks for the nice comment about mine

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

oh Myra, you are so funny!! and you really are an artist !