Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

'ballerina! blue! da Vinci! two!' by myra anderson...

'ballerina blue' by myra anderson...

Part 2 After my last post I realized that I didn't know how beautiful an original 'paint by number' painting can be.
Paint by number

A little bit of 'paint by number' history(CLICK)...
'Paint by number' still enjoys popularity today leading some to wonder if an artist can learn anything from  'paint by numbers'.  I say yes lol! I think we can!



Just for fun, I decided to get a sense of how it was to 'paint by number' during its heyday! Naturally I decided (next week) to paint a 'vintage' ballerina (see below).
How could I benefit from painting the ballerina series?  Well, I could use a refresher course on how to paint clouds or trees or drapery or buildings or pillars and other scenery.  
 



Below is one of two ballerinas that I have decided to print and paint (see previous post).   Then I would like to see how I can incorporate some of the above mentioned elements in my own ballerina paintings. 
You can buy these from Amazon

In the last post I also mentioned being crafty.  I think it would be a lot of fun to assemble your own little kit and fill your own little paint pots with color.
my project for next week!

6 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Nice work

Clare Lloyd said...

Great art

Susan said...

I had never thought about the learning we can do with a paint by number but you are so right. Thanks for sharing and happy PPF

Christine said...

Lovely work!

DVArtist said...

Great history lesson on painting by numbers. I was looking for a PBN not long ago, well before covid for my great grand daughter and couldn't find any. I thought maybe they had stopped making them. Your art always thrills me. You have such a unique style.

Tarang Sinha said...

These paintings are so beautiful.
I came to know about paint by numbers recently. Sounds interesting. Haven't tried yet.