Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

sometimes - if you want to go big - you have to start small . . .

There was so much more that I could do to this piece in order to call it mixed media but I thought that I would start small.  BAM! I love that flower!  DONE!  Not crazy about the tutu.  I think that there are techniques as yet unknown to me that would make me much happier.  

Of course as artists we see many works of art that we love - but we don't want to copy another artist's work - we want to develop our own style.  Since I'm an old ballerina girl I was thinking 'what is my style?'  Let's see - with mixed media ballerinas there's ribbon, lace, bows, flowers - then there's color, texture, design - there's lines, circles, squiggles . . . so many fun things to think about. No wonder I couldn't sleep last night.  I was thinking about mixed media - and a ham and cheese sandwich.
Daniel Maltzman - go big or go home . . .
this work by Daniel Maltzman is something like 60x72

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Wow! Daniel Maltzman does pretty wild paintings..I like it!! Especially the second one!! I can't imagine painting on such a large canvas! maybe someday! and of course, I love your ballerina, as always, Myra!!