Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

baby steps - mixed media - work in progress . . .

Well, I finally did as promised.  This is actually my second attempt at mixed media.  My first mixed media piece is still hanging on the wall.  It is also a work in progress.  In this piece as in the first one I added some wet tissue to glitter glue on the background and added some pieces to her garment as you can see.  I let it dry overnight and now ON WITH THE WATERCOLOR!

I had read - but I never realized - how much fun mixed media could be.  It's like being a mad scientist with your glues and 'elements' and 'formulas' - and being an artist at the same time.
'this is NOT tiny'
I know that in that previous post I had posted 'the last this is NOT tiny photo' but I could not resist adding the photo of this dog to my 'collection'.  (next - Tiny speaks . . .)

2 comments:

jgr said...

Hello Myra,
Thank you for 'following' my blog. It's nice to 'meet' you and discover your art! I especially like the ballerinas. I'm going now to scroll around some more.

Lisa Graham said...

This is going to be good. I can just tell. Are you using Golden's soft gel for your "glue"? That is my favorite way to get the papers to stick.