Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

'lee and me - easy as can be - like 1,2,3' by myra anderson. . .


Unfinished Skirt- Step One Was Adding Lee's Beautiful Design

'Borrowing' Lee's color palate.

Somewhere someone said that 'art is not easy - you just get better at it'.  I believe this to be true.  Art for me ain't always easy.  With that being said I was working on my 'legs drawings'.  That one feature is (for me) - difficult to master.  I sketched these two drawings on watercolor paper and thought - 'okay what next?' 

Ahhhh. . .enter stage left. . .little innocent Lee (of Lee Defining me)!  I borrowed her color palate to paint the bottom skirt with watercolor and then I 'painted' her actual design on the top skirt using 'photoshop' - AND THEN I asked her if I could!  I'm happy that she said yes because it was a happy time!  (I'm kidding - I asked her almost before.) Thank you Lee!  (Lee has a future as a textile designer!)

6 comments:

JanettMarie said...

You and Lee have an excellent future ahead.

Beverley Baird said...

Love your watercolours! The flower pattern is gorgeous!

Helen H Trachy said...

Lovely work Myra! That purple color is so WOW !

lee said...

everything looks amazing, I love it, and you do legs better than anyone I know, and I love those killer shoes

Meredith Adler said...

Ah! Now I see why you commented on mine...I love what you're doing here, too!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Myra, I love your brain....it's like a bowl full of jelly beans (in a good way)_. :)