Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

school dazee #7 - and the signature of Dawood Marion . . .


Yesterday I had so much to do before I could sit down and produce a work of art . . .
I had to give Tiny a bath . . .
clean Tiny's room . . .
take Tiny for a walk . . .
fix Tiny some succulently seasoned roasted chicken with string beans, steamed rice and tomatoes roasted in barbeque sauce (don't knock it until you try it) . . .
Oh and Harvey (husband) too . . .
It was 8:30 pm before I could draw and calm my nerves at the end of the day.
this is NOT Tiny
When it comes to drawing - I'm more like the little girl drawing Princess Anna in the previous video. When it comes to dramatic, bold style, I love the artwork of artist and art instructor Dawood Marion.  As artists of course signature is important.  I actually don't like my signature.  In the drawing above I closed my eyes and signed it.  Dawood Marion - I love his artwork - and I like his style - right down to his artistic signature.


3 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawood said...

Thanks Myra! There is something about your drawings that inspires me as well. I love the playful energy in your work. You work is confident and honest. You drawing have a sense of exploration and they're not overworked. You let the work breathe in some areas where the eye can rest. These are all things I teach to my adult and highschool students.

I was a street writer (tagger/ graffiti artist) when I was younger, my friends and I would spend hours and days filling up lots of sketchbooks with just our tags (street names). Thats how I developed different styles of writing. If you want your signature to be more pleasing my suggestion is to get a book and fill it with signatures! Study the signatures of many great artists of the past... one of my favorites is Pablo himself. Picasso is the main inspiration behind why I sign my signature being so large with attention to aesthetics:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iPqODRdkAJY/ThctMaZFCaI/AAAAAAAAAso/syD6ZrhM-Pw/s1600/pablo+picasso.jpg

Another favorite is Ralph Steadman. This guy really took pride in his work as well as the signature:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YgAn_KW_xr4/TN3Q4T-btFI/AAAAAAAABh0/NIC0omiEDOs/s1600/Ralph-Steadman-America-Cover-edz-sized.jpg

http://www.artswallpapers.com/Galleries/Ralph-Steadman/images/Ralph%20Steadman%20Paintings%205.jpg

Thanks again for your interest in my work!

Lisa Graham said...

I have been a fan of Dawood Marion's art for ages it seems. He does have a great style!

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with your signature.

I am glad you fed your husband too.
:)