Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

today - 'cupcake love' . . . next - 'an elegant cupcake' . . .

'cupcake love'
8x8 acrylic on canvas panel
myra anderson
Sometimes I wish that I could go back and once again paint with the 'freeness?' 'fearlessness?' that you see in children's artwork.  These lovely ladies are from Janettmarie's art class 'Cookies and Canvas'.  What a fun name.  I wish I could be in this class.  Anyway, I found their wonderful artwork inspiring so finally I did decide to revisit some of my artwork as a child.  Here I added my figurative artwork to this cupcake painting.  I was seventeen when I drew this one.   I wish I could have painted a more elegant cupcake here but I am looking forward to painting this composition and theme again.
For my next cupcake painting I was asked to paint an 'elegant' cupcake.  I think that I have finally achieved that.  Will post soon.
cupcake love
when you can't concentrate . . .
and you can't sleep at night . . .
and with just the name whispered
you are filled with delight . . .
when you find yourself buying
extra toppings and whipped cremes . . .
you call that 'cupcake love'
ps c'mon Bonnie - paint a cupcake!

3 comments:

JanettMarie said...

More cupcake paintings for cookies and canvas.... hmmm, I think they may go for it!

Sherrie Kersey said...

This picture would make a great painting in itself!

Unknown said...

Love your cupcake love, Myra :)