Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

pencil practice 'old and new' by myra anderson painter of the fashion sketch . . .

My dearest little Sue,
Well, I like this drawing better than the last one!  It has a micro touch of 'old world glamour'!  The other day I happened across this movie called "The Forbidden Street" starring Maureen Ohara.  When I saw that this movie was about an artist...you know that I had to watch it!  I have to say that I thought it was a good movie!  A little campy...but very good!  It was Maureen what got me to thinking about old hollywood glamour!  The movie tho was set in the victorian era and the fascinating thing about it was that I have seen some artwork that looks just like some scenes from this movie (the woman in her victorian dress).  I think that you have probably seen it too!  When I come across the artist again I will let you know.
Well, stay safe, stay sweet. . .
With love for all of yall,
Myra

2 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

I tried to find that movie on Netflix last night, but it wasn't there. Looks like a good movie. Ironically we watched How Green is my Valley with Maureen O'Hara in it and it was really good.

I sure do love your drawing. Happy weekend! xo

Connie Chadwell said...

I want this dress!