Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

think spring . . .

Thank you Jane and Julie - your comments were quite helpful to me!  I was wondering - if I'm going to draw people - what kind of people would they be?  Well, I think that I would like for you to look at the drawing and 'feel'.  Do you feel that she's happy because it's Spring?


The hardest part of this drawing was the hand.  I'm proud of that hand!  Julie said on her blog that she likes to challenge herself with each painting.  Just that part of the hand - boy was it a challenge!


Today I should be getting that large watercolor pad.  Can I capture emotions with charcoal and watercolor?  We will see.  I was thinking . . . Lisa I sure miss you when you're 'gone'!  Hope your mom is well.  Julie I sure would like to see some photos of your studio!  Your paintings are beautiful - where are these beauties being created?  Do show and tell! 

4 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Myra, your faces are wonderful. This one is especially great with lots of feeling.

Trudy R. Gomez said...

I definitely see and feel her happiness! I agree, hands can be tough.

Lisa Graham said...

I must say...that is the most excellent hand. Really the whole drawing is quite pretty. I have all the faith that you will be able to capture emotion...no matter the media Myra.

My mom is well. :)

Connie Chadwell said...

Beautiful drawing, Myra, and the hand is perfect. I love that it's her face and hand with just an indication of her hair. Much skill and emotion in your drawings.