Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

'this is how I walk in my red shoes draw-ma' by myra anderson...

Well, I'm still working on my figurative expressionism.  I'm trying to master what I call the 'none face' face.  The artist Dan McCaw (below) is the master of color, texture, story telling in a painting and the 'none face face'.  I would like to master the 'none face' in my figurative expressionist work because I want to represent 'the every woman' in the painting.  Figurative expressionism was some kind of a modern day movement.  I believe that a part of it was pulling the landscape or figure out of the abstract painting.  If that is so...then Dan McCaw does it well!
I would also like the increase the 'story telling' in my painting.  Patience.  Baby steps.  This is the food we are having at the project runway party tonight.  I don't know what this is...but I'm going to eat this.  Then you are going to have to give me a hamburger...or something...
It's an egg! Seen on Pinterest...

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

lawd a massey :)

Helen H Trachy said...

I just love this drawing Myra and I see you've been quite busy lately. :)