Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

'pink rose and mocha squared' by myra anderson painter of the ballerina sketch . . .

It was the day of all days . . . finally I would meet the Great Mr. Degas.  I giggled and hugged myself as I glanced out the window onto the sun drenched garden.  The fragrant smell of roses and tulips and daffodils filled the afternoon air.  Then we stood and applauded as Mr. Degas strode into the room.  'Today . . .' he said in that beautiful baritone voice . . . 'today we are going to talk about my ballerina painting process.'  'How do I choose a composition?  What medium will I choose? What new technique will I develop?'  'But - before we start painting are there any questions?'  'Yes I have a question Mr. Degas!' I said as I raised my hand in awe  - my hand trembling every so slightly . . . 'What are we having for lunch?'
'what's for lunch Mr. Degas?'

fried bologna sandwich - if you want this sandwich click here . . .


5 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Oh Myra, you are too funny.

I love this beautiful painting.

Hugs.

Katie Jeanne said...

hahaha You sound like you're always hungry, Myra. I sooooo get that!! :)

JanettMarie said...

Still love the flower/daisy in her hand.
Can't believe you talked to Mr Degas!! Wow!
And you look so cute and innocent in your lavender tutu too, how could he resist telling you about the fried bologna sandwiches for lunch!! You lucky girl...

hmuxo said...

Love this post, Myra! I even read it with a baritone voice!!lol
Love the painting..her dress looks iridescent..!!! wonderful work..

Connie Chadwell said...

That sandwich looks so great! And love the perfect little shoes (one turned just a little) against the tiles. Wonderful!