Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

ahhhhh . . . refreshing . . .

Last night around midnight we FINALLY completed our move.  As Harvey bought the last items up the elevator and down the long, long hallway to our new apartment we constantly heard the question 'are you STILL moving!?!'  This will never happen again!  If we ever have to move from this lovely spot I will cut down more of my boxes and boxes and boxes of  'must have possessions' (or maybe not)!!!

I did this drawing some time ago but it is so appropriate for today.  Moving made my hair stand straight and - I needed several cups of refreshing 'I finally finished moving' coffee.

If you recall, I mentioned that I wanted some color in my coffee color world . . . brown furniture, beige carpets.  I came across a 12x12 painting I did some time ago that I think would be magnificent to reproduce as 'choice#1' for that large sofa painting.  When I find a pencil and a piece of paper, I will draw a thumbnail sketch.  Look for it soon!  Remember - I have three canvases to get it right.  The adventure awaits!  Thank you for your comments and inspiration!

5 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Hope you get some rest soon...love the drawing. I can hear her taking in a deep deep breath of relief.

Trudy R. Gomez said...

So happy your journey to a new home is completed. I love the expression on her face in this one. Thought you might enjoy my sister's comment regarding her last move. "They will take me from here in a pine box!" I think she was kidding, but maybe not!

Bonnie Heather said...

I'm happy your move is over. The picture is perfect...take some time to relax.

hmuxo said...

Beautiful drawing, Myra!! yes, its definitely appropriate for today...but now you can relax for awhile....good luck in your new home.

JanettMarie said...

Ahhhh! Yea!!!!

That made me tired just reading about all that moving!

I need a cup of coffee too!

This is a nice sketch, I remember this one, I like it!