Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

apple party . . .

This is my first acrylic apple painting.  It's like me . . . cute but a little too round.  I bought a 'standard' box of acrylics with the usual six colors - red, yellow, ultramarine blue and so forth.  I don't think I would recommend that for a true acrylic adventure.  I would individually buy the colors I like.  For instance I would buy phthalo blue rather than ultramarine blue and sap green rather than 'whatever' green and so on.  The adventure continues . . .

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Love the rich colors you used. The painting is wonderful, Myra!!

JanettMarie said...

Beautiful! You did a great job with that "box" set!
Mmmm... love apples!

Sarah F. Jayne said...

Nice apple! Couldn't agree with your more--what more is there to life than painting and coffee??

Anonymous said...

Apples are not easy to paint and you did a great job on this one! Your composition is inviting: your richness of color enticing. Enjoy! Eileen