Pages

Friday, November 15, 2019

'color me degas!' by myra anderson...


Juliette Crane


Ahhh...something a little bit different...an ice skater! I am still looking forward to trying the water soluble graphite pencils that I mentioned in our last time together!  I did however try the watercolor pencil and as you can see in the ballerina sketch above it did indeed produce a deep rich shadow color.
Juliette Crane


Speaking of color...I am always impressed with the work of artist Juliette Crane.  I love the way she makes use of everything in one painting (see photo)!
Below is a quote by the artist Helen Gorrill. This is a very interesting concept that I have explored over the years but not to the extent mentioned here.
Helen Gorrill
Color me Degas: I would love to create some mighty and beautifully colored ballerina paintings using as they say 'everything but the kitchen sink'.  At this point I have no idea how - but this is certainly an adventure I am looking forward to.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely ice skaters!

Rain said...

Hi Myra :) I love Helen's idea, I think it's going to be fun to explore that! And your ice skater really spoke to me! I see such movement in that drawing, lovely!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Always wonderful to see your dancers, I love the depth created using the watercolour pencil, I hope you find the same with the soluble graphite pencils too. Juliette Crane is a magnificent artist, I am always in awe of her work with colour. Thank for sharing & Happy PPF Tracey

DVArtist said...

Hi Myra these are just beautiful. You have a great way with body shape and movement. Be sure to let us know how you like or don't like the water soluble graphite.

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful bodies in motion.
Alison x

Connie Chadwell said...

Perfect position of the feet - not easy - beautiful job!