Pages

Friday, July 12, 2019

'up, up in the air' by myra anderson...

self portrait by Kimberly Klauss
At first it seemed a little strange that after a month everything in (and hopefully outside of) the apartment had finally been resolved (fixed?) since the violent storms.  Now I need to work on putting my little studio space back together again.  Above is a little something I was working on with the ipad.  I just might finish it one day!  Also, I started watching the British television series 'portrait artist of the year' on youtube.  The competition includes amateur as well as professional artists.  It was interesting to see that each artist has their own unique approach to painting a portrait. The entry to the competition is a self portrait.  This one was by the artist Kimberly Klauss.


I was reminded of the art of 'drawing with a brush' and I am really thinking about getting some water mixable oil paints just for practicing drawing, drawing and drawing.  I have a stack of  computer books that I want to use for practice.  (I will buy some paint as soon as I get that 40 or 50 percent off coupon from Michaels! lol!)

Steve Childs
Well...my mind had been telling me that it's time to visit 'the fashion side of me'.  Then I saw this beautiful ballerina painting by Steve Childs.  So delicate...so intricate! What to do...what to do?

7 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

I am loving your ipad created perspective of the ballerina- just fabulous! Happy PPF!

Powell River Books said...

I'm not good with drawing people, especially faces. - Margy

DVArtist said...

I really enjoyed your post. I LOVE the perspective of your art this week. You have such a light tough to your art. Thanks for sharing the you tube and I am going to check it out.

Gillena Cox said...

Very nice post, but i like your first piece best

Much🎨❤🎨love

Beth Niquette said...

GASP! Your work is wonderful. Fills my eyes, it does.

Courtney said...

I always look forward to seeing your ballerina pieces. They are so beautiful. It's amazing how you do those on the iPad! Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Its fantastic as your other articles :D, appreciate it
for posting.