Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

'one plus one equals yellow and blue?' by myra anderson...

'yellow painting practice' by myra anderson


Erika Lee Sears
Hello and I hope everyone is doing well! We just experienced a couple of turbulent weeks with heavy rain and 80 miles per hour wind!   There was  extended loss of power as well as the internet.  Because of minor flooding all of our carpet must be replaced!  With that being said, what a wonderful crayola painting by the wonderful painter of all things Erika Lee Sears! Speaking of color...as you can see from my watercolor above...my plus one today is actually the color yellow!

My goal was to do a series of paintings using one color with basically just one other color. I am also working on some ballerina sketches. I would like to do a modern interpretation of a degas sketch. I saw one in a movie about an artist and it was soooo beautiful! Right now I don't know what I am going to do or how I am going to do it!  We will see!
Ahhhh...Degas! He could say so much whether he was doing a quick sketch or a complex pastel or oil painting.  This painting is so beautiful! What a great tribute to the color yellow! HAPPY PPF!

6 comments:

Christine said...

love your work the yellow piece is stunning.

LA Paylor said...

oh how interesting!
I interpreted degas in art quilting. One of my favorite quilts... a poodle in a ballet tulle skirt.
LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful and graceful pose in your piece- love Degas too. Happy PPF!

Beth Niquette said...

Your artwork fills my eyes--which is the greatest compliment I can give. I LOVED this post and your paintings and drawings are truly amazing.

Tammie Dickerson said...

Love your crayons! What joy this little box brought me as a child! ❤

DVArtist said...

I love what you do and then you challenge yourself. Just brilliant.