Pages

Friday, May 10, 2019

working on 'the walk' and practicing for 'the audition' by myra anderson...

'the elegant dog walker' by myra anderson

Well...this past week I started to take a little victory lap over how well my ability to draw was coming along.  Then I looked back at some of my earlier artwork and I noticed that some was way better...and some was way, way worse lol!  I had already cooked up a little expression about working hard and seeing improvement (see below) and I decided to still roll with it!
 "sometimes you have to WALK a long way down the road
in order to get to the city"
from the book 'huh?!' by myra anderson
Okay! I definitely have gotten better over time lol! I also said that I would tell you about my new series in progress called 'the audition'.  I forgot to mention my series called 'the violinist' from the previous post. Question:  How many series do you have? Degas had at least a half dozen...right? Ballerinas, jockeys on horses, women bathing, women combing their hair.........

This beautiful work by Laura Lee Zanghetti  reminds me of my series of  'women and umbrellas'.  She  combines wonderful atmosphere, beauty and fashion!
Did you know that there are nine (?) types of edible flowers?  The pansy is one of them.  Maybe you have...but this week I would like to try for the first time...some edible flowers on those salads I keep telling you about.  In the future I want to paint more pansies, grow some pansies and eat some pansies. We will see...

4 comments:

SLScheibe said...

Your walking ladies look fabulous! Drawing someone walking is a hard task and your drawings are just wonderful! Lovely art work :)

LA Paylor said...

how stunning! What eye candy this morning! Your perspective and bulldog are just awesome. Love the expression, and what a good drawing of a back, quite difficult to do. Going to send your link to a friend who just loves bulldogs!
LeeAnna

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

She really knows how to strut her stuff!! Great movement of art. I love your little pooch. I have eaten flowers before but I do not know which, they came on a side salad.. I hope you enjoy.
Happy PPF Tracey.

DVArtist said...

Wow these are just fabulous.