Pages

Monday, March 11, 2019

'lost?' 'found?' by myra anderson...



Well...I have been working on this particular composition for a while and I finally drew something that I like! Maybe I can do it again? We will see! Sometimes...in art...the journey toward the goal is a large percent of the fun (am I right?).  It's like the seasoned chef said to the newbie 'it may take a thousand cuts before you create a beautiful plate of carpaccio...but the learning is delicious!'
Here is a photo of Chris Guest in his studio.  What an eight course meal! Can I see myself creating a painting of this size and magnitude? JM could!
Tuna carpaccio anyone? What about vegan carpaccio? Anyone?  But wait...there's more...

5 comments:

leekrek said...

i see myself enjoying a painting like that big. but paint that big i dont know if i could.

lee

Sue (this n that) said...

Beautiful, bold sketches Myra.
That's certainly a huge painting by Chris - gorgeous. He must have a strong back, painting in that position ;D)
Happy PPF and congratulations on winning the blick coupon, have fun with it xx

leekrek said...

congratulations of your win at ppf

and I love your girl, you do them perfectly, to bad we don't live near each other you could give me a few tips
and I love love the links you find


Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's been such a long time since I created on a canvas that size... Maybe one day again soon! Fabulous work.
Happy PPF Tracey

DVArtist said...

Love your portraits. Well done on the expression and shading. Yes, the fun is about art. If you are not having fun you need to take a break.