Sunday, August 12, 2012

myra tear down those walls . . . part 2

These are actually the third and fourth sketches I did while standing (I'm a professional sitter) with the paper taped on the wall.  As you can see - compared with the previous post - I have gained a little more mastery of the charcoal.  I thought about Lisa G. when I was doing this piece (she has inspired me to try mixed media). I thought that it would make a nice mixed media piece if I glued strips of  tissue on the left side and then painted it - giving it some texture.  But alas - no glue in the house.  So - off to the pizza palace - I mean the salad barre - I mean the art supply store.

4 comments:

Sharon Whitley said...

I love the charcoal sketch - reminds me of Degas ballerinas - what a lovely blog you have - I've enjoyed reading your posts and admiring your work, following!

Carol Schiff Studio said...

Love your drawings and the color you have used. You are getting so good!!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I think the top one is simply stunning. You are certainly wonderful using charcoal - I love the tiny bit of smudging!

Lisa Graham Art said...

It you who are inspiring me to try another dancer. I simply love love love the way you draw them.