Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

change . . .

This is the last of the ballerinas that I was working on before I had to - as they say on America's Next Top Model - 'pack your bags and go'.  I call this painting 'change' because this little ballerina  (me) is gearing up for the adventurous work ahead!

Change.  I was telling that fantastic artist 'you know who' that my new studio is only a fourth of the size of my old one.   One of my fondest memories was painting in a large 'walk-in closet studio' at a previous apartment.  So, I really can't wait to have new art adventures in 'studio cubbyhole'.

Change.  Since I had to scale down my possessions a bit I shared some of my art books with an artist friend of mine.  Some were old - some were new.  Some I bought if there was a painting I wanted to neatly cut out with an exacto knife.  I hope that she can find something there to add to her treasure of knowledge.

Change.  I told the artist JM that I was sending my dog Tiny to a new home.  When the time came I actually felt a little hysterical  - and couldn't do it.  Even after he tried to chew on JM's friend John and have his toes for a snack.  'Just make it a project to Dog Whisper him' my sister said.  'Okay' I said.

Change.  I would like to paint a lovely large painting for my home.  Maybe 48x48?  I have never done this before.  It will not be a ballerina.  Maybe a garden scene of a woman drinking coffee - with a little dog by her side?  Don't know.  The adventure is ahead . . .

2 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

I love the sound of your big painting. I bet you'll be thrilled to have it in your home. I remember when I did my first big one and put it above the couch. I was so proud... I've sold three from there since then..neighbours keep buying them :). Right now I have a very old one up there and it needs replacing soon. Have a coffee on me.

JanettMarie said...

Change.... is good....

John didn't tell me about his toes, I better send him a pair of thank you shoes!